Consultant, Professional Services
Reports to: Manager, Professional Services
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls or messages please.
The JCA Consultant plays an essential role in client engagements, working independently and as part of a team, ensuring that our projects successfully achieve their objectives. You will work as a Business Analyst on projects, and may also serve as Project Lead on smaller projects. You must understand the intersection of people, process and technology within the nonprofit space. As a member of our distributed team, you’re part of a company with more than 30 years’ experience providing nonprofits with technical solutions and improving their business processes to help them engage with their constituents.
Professional Services Consulting
- Design and deliver high-quality billable services and solutions to customers in the areas of nonprofit technology and operations.
- Prepare for and lead interviews to gather requirements, uncover fundamental issues causing client problems or challenges, and uncover problems the client may not recognize exist.
- Analyze, design and document recommendations and solutions to meet client needs as it pertains to business process improvement, needs assessments, system selections, system implementation, technology roadmap and other analysis projects.
- Act as the subject matter expert on business processes related to nonprofit operations, and translate expert knowledge to new configurations and workflows, client business process needs, system configuration, design, data conversion, user acceptance testing, training, outputs.
- Develop use cases and facilitate client testing.
- Provide training to clients on system functionality as needed.
- Support colleagues and contribute to JCA’s internal resources by sharing expertise.
Account Management, Marketing, and Sales
- Cultivate and maintain relationships at key client accounts to monitor satisfaction, identify potential future opportunities and cultivate referrals.
- Identify opportunities for additional and expanded projects.
- Assist with sales by participating in meetings with prospects and estimate level of effort.
- Contribute new content for distribution via JCA marketing channels.
- Represent JCA at conferences throughout the year as needed.
You are successful as a Professional Services Consultant because you:
- understand the nonprofit sector;
- have a deep understanding of nonprofit operations and technology;
- are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal;
- summarize intricate processes and concepts in written form;
- communicate effectively with clients to understand challenges and identify solutions;
- can analyze and synthesize clients’ inputs to develop solutions;
- are experienced with Development/Advancement CRM systems such as Blackbaud CRM, Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, Ellucian Advance or Salesforce;
- have working knowledge and understanding of Ticketing and Membership;
- are experienced using the Microsoft Office suite;
- are experienced using Microsoft Teams or other collaboration tools;
- prospect new leads, identify key decision makers, and network to uncover new opportunities;
- provide excellent service and long-term client cultivation;
- are exceptionally organized and able to meet deadlines;
- can successfully manage multiple priorities and timelines;
- work independently with minimal supervision; and
- work collaboratively in a team.
You are qualified for the position because you:
- have a minimum of three years’ experience in the nonprofit industry;
- have a minimum of three years’ experience working with Development/Advancement CRM systems such as Blackbaud CRM, Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, Ellucian Advance or Salesforce; and
- have a minimum of two years’ experience on projects or initiatives.
You have an advantage in the position if you:
- have at least one year experience in a consulting role; and
- have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a database administration or information systems role.
You may be required to:
- work remotely from a home office or other remote space;
- work at least 40 hours per week, as this is a full-time position (unless other arrangements are approved by JCA);
- maintain standard North American business hours with some flexibility;
- travel up to 35% of business days with easy access to airport; and
- remain in a stationary position for the majority of an eight-hour workday.
You are required to:
- adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and
- embrace JCA’s core values.
- Salary range of $75,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience and performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
JCA is the first and foremost independent consulting firm dedicated to addressing the technology and operational needs of nonprofits. We collaborate with nonprofits and partners to promote a positive global impact. Since 1988, we’ve helped thousands of nonprofits in North America and around the world leverage their CRM technology, processes, and data, to help make the world better.
We contribute to our clients’ success each day by embracing these core values:
- We act with integrity.
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
- We are honest, no matter what.
- We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
- Excellence drives us.
JCA is a distributed company headquartered in New York City. The majority of our team works from home offices located across the United States and Canada. We collaborate with, and contribute to the success of, multiple internal teams, all to better serve our clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
JCA provides equal employment opportunities in all employment-related matters, including hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers and other personnel actions. JCA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on the following protected characteristics: race, creed, citizenship, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, medical condition, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, AIDS/HIV status, uniformed services status, genetic information, height, weight or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
JCA supports and encourages open communication to address each employee’s concerns and expectations. We strive to create a safe and healthy work environment where all employees can be their whole selves and recognize the need for constructive and timely feedback. JCA provides reasonable accommodation for religious beliefs or practices and persons with disabilities.