Marketing Strategy Consultant, JCA Arts Marketing
Reports to: Director, JCA Arts Marketing
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
As the Marketing Strategy Consultant, you are a member of the Arts Marketing team, which works to help arts and cultural organizations optimize revenue, attendance, and audience engagement using data-driven strategies. You deliver top-notch consulting to clients, and ensure that clients deliver effective marketing campaigns to develop audiences and revenue. Your passion for audience development and marketing, combined with your ability to build effective teams, translates into value for our clients.
- Provide clients with excellent counsel on data-driven strategies to grow audience and revenue, utilizing JCA’s tools and resources.
- Be an expert on campaign development for effective and efficient single ticket, subscription, and membership sales.
- Manage consulting projects related to marketing, interim staffing, revenue management, and customer behavior analysis.
- Collaborate with other members of the Arts Marketing team to leverage JCA’s analyses and tools in recommendations to clients.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the arts and culture industry and best practices, related to marketing and audience behavior, to provide state-of-the-art guidance to clients.
- Support the development of JCA’s marketing consulting business—recruit marketers for interim staffing, manage client relationships, and coordinate with operations for project invoicing/billing.
- Establish proper processes and documentation on JCA’s marketing consulting projects.
- Collaborate with JCA’s partners where appropriate, such as Baker Richards and Tessitura, to further develop JCA’s marketing offerings.
- Maintain updated records in Autotask related to sales and project management.
Sales & Marketing
- Maintain long-term, ongoing relationships with clients.
- Identify prospective clients and upsell current clients on services that will help them achieve their objectives.
- Work closely with the Client Development Manager and Director, JCA Arts Marketing to generate and close opportunities.
- Act as an advocate for JCA Arts Marketing, helping promote awareness and understanding of marketing offerings.
- Develop content, such as blogs, whitepapers, and webinars, for promotional purposes.
- Attend conferences and industry events to develop opportunities for JCA.
You are successful as the Marketing Strategy Consultant because you:
- display superior knowledge of marketing best practices;
- have advanced analysis and problem-solving skills;
- plan effective strategies based on data;
- take initiative to develop innovative new approaches to marketing & consulting;
- successfully manage multiple priorities and timelines;
- work collaboratively in a team;
- provide excellent service and long-term client cultivation;
- are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal; and
- have a deep understanding of the nonprofit arts and culture sector.
You are qualified for the position because you:
- have a minimum of five years’ experience working in a marketing department for a performing arts organization; and
- have a minimum of two years’ experience planning single ticket or subscription/membership campaigns.
You have an advantage in the position if you:
- have experience with data analysis—particularly in analyzing audience behavior, marketing ROI, or sales trends;
- have experience in Tessitura or a similar CRM; and
- have managed staff.
You may be required to:
- work remotely from a home office or other remote space;
- work 40 hours per week, as this is a full-time position;
- travel at least three times per year; and
- remain in a stationary position for the majority of an eight-hour workday.
You are required to:
- adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and
- embrace JCA’s core values.
- Salary range of $75,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience and performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
JCA is the first and foremost independent consulting firm dedicated to addressing the technology and operational needs of nonprofits. We collaborate with nonprofits and partners to promote a positive global impact. Since 1988, we’ve helped thousands of nonprofits in North America and around the world leverage their CRM technology, processes, and data, to help make the world better.
We contribute to our clients’ success each day by embracing these core values:
- We act with integrity.
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
- We are honest, no matter what.
- We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
- Excellence drives us.
JCA is a distributed company headquartered in New York City. The majority of our team works from home offices located across the United States and Canada. We collaborate with, and contribute to the success of, multiple internal teams, all to better serve our clients.