Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
As the Product Lead you are the primary owner of the Revenue Management Application (RMA) and the Arts Engine Platform (AEP). You are an excellent and experienced problem solver with the ability to get to the heart of the issue quickly. You communicate your ideas clearly in collaboration with cross-departmental team members, partners, and clients. As well, you take a lead role in JCA’s Business Process Automation (BPA) initiatives by engaging with clients to design and build automation, integrations, and workflows with our iPaaS tools. Our planned growth requires innovative, creative, and feasible solutions you bring.
- Enhance product visions for the RMA and the AEP in collaboration with JCA Arts Marketing to discover and understand evolving customer needs, translate those needs into requirements, and build buy-in with internal and external stakeholders.
- Answer incoming technical questions about the RMA, the AEP, and other JCA arts and culture focused products and their capabilities.
- Partner with the CTO to implement JCA’s BPA revenue stream by designing, developing, and testing automations, integrations, and workflows for clients.
- Collaborate closely with engineering staff to ensure that requirements are fully understood, and that implementation matches expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the arts and culture industry, including competitor offerings.
- Keep up to date with upcoming changes to Tessitura (company and product) and how they will affect JCA. Coordinate with Tessitura to ensure that JCA’s hosted Tessitura environments are performing satisfactorily and are upgraded effectively.
- Plan upcoming product releases utilizing agile methodology. Build development sprints. Coordinate and facilitate development team meetings, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and showcases.
- Ensure all product testing is executed accurately before being released.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of product documentation.
Customer Product Support and Engagement
- Perform first tier support for the RMA and the AEP by evaluating and incorporating customer feedback, recording bugs and defects accurately for repair, and product improvement suggestions for incorporation into future product versions when appropriate.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert for the RMA, the AEP, and JCA’s BPA offerings to the arts and culture community at large.
- Investigate problem areas and implement bug fixes, patches, and enhancements to existing software products.
- Coordinate installation packages and practices to ensure the solution is correctly deployed and with minimal disruption.
Maintenance and Security
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential and abiding by data security policies, procedures and practices.
- Document and store solutions in the code repository using easy to read code, code comments, diagrams, flowcharts, wireframes, and clear writing, so that they can be reviewed, added to, or revisited at another time and/or by another engineer.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
You are successful as the Product Lead because you:
- have a strong understanding of Tessitura (application and data structure);
- have a strong understanding of SQL;
- have an understanding of modern development frameworks and architectural styles including .NET, JSON, REST, and MVC;
- have experience working with REST APIs;
- have experience in web development;
- have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- read and write technical specifications; and
- understand or quickly learn the unique business and system needs of the nonprofit sector.
You are qualified for the position because you:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience working with Tessitura in an application administrator or web developer role;
- have a minimum of one year experience as a software or web developer/programmer; and
- have a minimum of one year experience in a product management capacity.
You have an advantage in the position if you:
- have experience developing in C#;
- have experience developing in Ruby; and
- have experience working with and/or developing solutions for nonprofit organizations.
You may be required to:
- work remotely from a home office or other remote space;
- work collaboratively in cross-functional teams;
- work 40 hours per week, as this is a full-time position;
- travel up to three times per year; and/or
- remain in a stationary position for the majority of an eight-hour workday.
You are required to:
- adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and
- embrace JCA’s core values.
- Salary range of $80,000 to $95,000, commensurate with experience and performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
JCA is the first and foremost independent consulting firm dedicated to addressing the technology and operational needs of nonprofits. We collaborate with nonprofits and partners to promote a positive global impact. Since 1988, we’ve helped thousands of nonprofits in North America and around the world leverage their CRM technology, processes, and data, to help make the world better.
We contribute to our clients’ success each day by embracing these core values:
- We act with integrity.
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
- We are honest, no matter what.
- We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
- Excellence drives us.
JCA is a distributed company headquartered in New York City. The majority of our team works from home offices located across the United States and Canada. We collaborate with, and contribute to the success of, multiple internal teams, all to better serve our clients.