Technical Support Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you are an excellent and experienced problem solver with the ability to get to the heart of the issue quickly, and are able to communicate your ideas clearly in collaboration with cross-departmental team members. You implement technical solutions for existing software products. Our planned growth requires innovative, creative, and feasible technical solutions you provide.
- Work closely with the JCA Arts Marketing team to provide quick resolution of elevated support issues for JCA products, including the Revenue Management Application (RMA), and Arts Engine Platform (AEP).
- Investigate problem areas and implement enhancements to existing software products.
- Review system requirements and create accurate estimates for completion.
- Document and store solutions in the code repository using easy to read code, code comments, diagrams, flowcharts, wireframes, and clear writing, so that they can be reviewed, added to, or revisited at another time and/or by another engineer.
- Test all solutions prior to releasing to quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance (UA) testers, helping to minimize the number of errors passing through to the end customer.
- Prepare installation packages and practices to ensure the solution is correctly deployed and with minimum disruption.
- Work closely with the thankQ USA team to provide quick resolution of elevated support issues for the thankQ USA product.
- Review client code and customizations, providing recommendations and suggestions so they avoid creating unforeseen issues.
- Consult directly with clients on complicated technical issues and implementations.
- Work closely with the IT Department to troubleshoot technical issues involving applications to ensure the smooth deployment and operation of client solutions.
- Work together with project managers (PMs) and business analysts (BAs) to interpret, estimate, communicate and deliver the client’s needs according to the project plan.
- Balance support work and planned project work between multiple project groups and deadlines.
- Track all project time daily to ensure accurate client invoicing and reporting.
Maintenance and Security
- Collaborate with the IT Department on SQL Server administration, CRM deployments and upgrades.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential and abiding by data security policies, procedures and practices.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
You are successful as the Technical Support Engineer because you:
- are an expert TSQL programmer with proficiency in database design and server administration;
- have a strong understanding of modern development frameworks and architectural styles including .NET, JSON, jQuery, REST, and MVC;
- are a strong C# programmer with proficiency building Windows and web solutions;
- have experience working with IIS and TFS;
- have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- read and write technical specifications; and
- understand or quickly learn the unique business and system needs of the nonprofit sector.
You are qualified for the position because you:
- have a minimum of three years’ experience as a software developer using C# in a primarily Windows and / or Web environment; and
- have a minimum of three years’ experience with TSQL and database design.
You have an advantage in the position if you:
- have experience working with Development/Advancement CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, thankQ, or Ellucian Advance;
- have experience working with and / or developing solutions for nonprofit organizations;
- have Microsoft Developer, Data Engineer, DevOps Engineer and / or Solution Architect certification(s); and
- have an AWS Certified Developer certification.
You may be required to:
- work remotely from a home office or other remote space;
- work collaboratively in cross-functional teams;
- work 40 hours per week, as this is a full-time position;
- travel up to three times per year; and/or
- remain in a stationary position for the majority of an eight-hour workday.
You are required to:
- adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and
- embrace JCA’s core values.
- Salary range of $70,000 to $85,000 USD, commensurate with experience and performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
JCA is the first and foremost independent consulting firm dedicated to addressing the technology and operational needs of nonprofits. We collaborate with nonprofits and partners to promote a positive global impact. Since 1988, we’ve helped thousands of nonprofits in North America and around the world leverage their CRM technology, processes, and data, to help make the world better.
We contribute to our clients’ success each day by embracing these core values:
- We act with integrity.
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
- We are honest, no matter what.
- We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
- Excellence drives us.
JCA is a distributed company that operates two offices located in New York City and Fort Collins, CO. The majority of our team works from home offices located across the United States and Canada. We collaborate with, and contribute to the success of, multiple internal teams, all to better serve our clients.