Reports to: Engineering Manager
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls or messages please.
As a Product Engineer, you are an excellent and experienced problem solver with the ability to get to the heart of the issue quickly and can communicate your ideas clearly in collaboration with cross-departmental team members. You implement technical solutions for existing software products and contribute to the design and development of new products and product revisions. Our planned growth requires innovative, creative, and feasible technical solutions you provide.
- Work closely with the Product Lead and product development team to help design, develop, and implement product features, revisions, and enhancements of JCA products.
- Review system requirements and create accurate estimates for completion.
- Participate in building automated testing frameworks, quality assurance testing, and load testing of all new products, enhancements, features, and product revisions, helping to minimize the number of errors passing through to the end customer.
- Coordinate and participate in continuous development (CD) and continuous implementation (CI) practices to ensure the solution is correctly deployed with minimal disruption.
- Document and store solutions in the code repository using easy-to-read code, code comments, diagrams, flowcharts, wireframes, and clear writing, so that they can be reviewed, revised, or revisited at another time.
- Work closely with the Client Success Specialist and JCA Arts Marketing team to provide quick resolution of elevated support issues for JCA products, including the Revenue Management Application (RMA).
- Work directly with clients to gather background information and implement solutions to resolve product issues.
- Monitor SaaS products to ensure they are operating at peak performance.
Maintenance and Security
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential and abiding by data security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
You are successful as the Product Engineer because you:
- have a strong background in web application development using React;
- have experience working with front end design systems such as Microsoft Fluent;
- are a strong Python and SQL developer;
- possess solid skills in object-oriented programming in C# or Java;
- have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail and;
- understand or quickly learn the unique business and system needs of the nonprofit sector.
You are qualified for the position because you:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience as a full stack software developer on a large ecommerce web site or multitenant SaaS based application.
You have an advantage in the position if you:
- have experience working with Microsoft Azure computing services;
- have Microsoft Developer, Data Engineer, DevOps Engineer or Solution Architect certification(s)
- have experience working with the nonprofit CRM Tessitura and;
- have experience working with or developing solutions for nonprofit organizations.
You may be required to:
- work remotely from a home office or other remote space;
- work collaboratively in cross-functional teams;
- work 40 hours per week, as this is a full-time position;
- travel up to three times per year; and/or
- remain in a stationary position for the majority of an eight-hour workday.
You are required to:
- be based in the United States;
- adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and
- embrace JCA’s core values.
- Salary range of $75,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience and performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
JCA is the first and foremost independent consulting firm dedicated to addressing the technology and operational needs of nonprofits. We collaborate with nonprofits and partners to promote a positive global impact. Since 1988, we’ve helped thousands of nonprofits in North America and around the world leverage their CRM technology, processes, and data, to help make the world better.
We contribute to our clients’ success each day by embracing these core values:
- We act with integrity.
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
- We are honest, no matter what.
- We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
- Excellence drives us.
JCA is a distributed company headquartered in New York City. The majority of our team works from home offices located across the United States and Canada. We collaborate with, and contribute to the success of, multiple internal teams, all to better serve our clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
JCA provides equal employment opportunities in all employment-related matters, including hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers and other personnel actions. JCA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on the following protected characteristics: race, creed, citizenship, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, medical condition, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, AIDS/HIV status, uniformed services status, genetic information, height, weight or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
JCA supports and encourages open communication to address each employee’s concerns and expectations. We strive to create a safe and healthy work environment where all employees can be their whole selves and recognize the need for constructive and timely feedback. JCA provides reasonable accommodation for religious beliefs or practices and persons with disabilities.