Title of Open Position 1
In this full-time position, you will be a key member of a marketing team that will promote the professional services of JCA and JCA Arts Marketing. You will design and execute marketing plans and logistics to enhance the company’s client development and growth goals. As the ideal candidate, you will be a highly organized teammate with a solid knowledge of digital and content marketing, skills in graphic design, and a passion for helping nonprofits.
JCA is the first and largest independent consulting firm dedicated to addressing the technology and operational needs of nonprofits. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped more than 2,000 nonprofits in North America and around the world leverage their CRM technology, processes, and data. We’ve worked with nonprofit organizations in all verticals, including higher education, performing arts, healthcare, museums and attractions, faith-based, advocacy and social services, and more. JCA Arts Marketing, a fully-owned division of JCA, collaborates with arts and culture organizations to increase revenue, boost attendance, and grow patron value.
We help our clients reach their potential by embracing these core values:
JCA is comprised of 25 staff members and is a distributed company that operates two offices located in New York City and Fort Collins, CO. The majority of JCA’s team works from home offices located across the United States and Canada.
The Marketing Associate collaborates with the Client Development Manager in the creation of marketing strategies and plans. The Marketing Associate coordinates, executes, and evaluates all JCA marketing activities. Specific responsibilities include:
Content Marketing for Opportunity Generation: Generate ideas, write, proofread, copy edit, and manage content for emails and other digital and print efforts, including blogs, e-books, webinars, social media, and conference collateral.
Digital Marketing: Design and execute campaigns across multiple channels (email, social, web, search, display); create content and coordinate edits on JCA’s website. Work within our Marketing Automation system (SharpSpring) to manage campaigns and sales opportunities.
Conference & Event Coordination: Coordinate JCA’s presence at conferences and other events, including exhibit/sponsorship coordination, shipping logistics, travel arrangements, and special events.
List Management: Create and manage marketing lists in company CRM (Autotask) and SharpSpring.
Reporting & Analytics: Track campaign efficacy via web, social media, and marketing automation analytics tools and compile reports.
Graphic Design & Brand Management: Articulate and develop JCA’s visuals on all print (collateral, signage) and digital (email and social media graphics, web content) materials, enforcing a style guide company-wide, and writing copy for JCA offerings.
This role will work with the Client Development Manager, consultants, and leadership across the distributed organization to coordinate content, promotions, and events to generate sales opportunities for the company.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 year of professional experience in marketing, sales, or nonprofit administration, an interest in marketing and sales, and a passion for the nonprofit industry. Other qualifications include:
- Industry knowledge of nonprofits and/or B2B marketing.
- Content marketing experience and a proven track record of building campaigns for sales opportunity generation.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to work from home.
- Ability to learn quickly and easily grasp new concepts and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading. Ability to work cross-departmentally within the organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience creating/designing emails and using a marketing automation platform (SharpSpring a plus).
- Experience using a CMS (WordPress a plus).
- Experience creating content for and executing social media campaigns (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
- Solid understanding of marketing and sales metrics. Well versed in Google Analytics and social media analytics tools.
- Intermediate graphic design skills for both print and digital (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop a plus).
- Basic knowledge of marketing best practices and operations
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to think critically, solve problems, and work on their own, with a curiosity to learn more about marketing and nonprofit spaces.
JCA prefers the qualified candidate to have a knowledge of marketing automation tools, as well as experience with Google Ads, LinkedIn and Facebook advertising, and using a CRM database.
This position is a full-time (40 hours per week), remote position that will report to the Client Development Manager. Preference for a home base in the Chicago-area, to allow for occasional in-person meetings with Client Development Manager (post-pandemic).
- Salary range of $50,000 to $55,0000, commensurate with experience and performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account (DCA)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. Resumes without a relevant cover letter will not be considered. Application deadline is March 31, 2021. No phone calls, please.